IPSTONES PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 29 June 2016 at 7.30p.m. In the Extension at Ipstones Memorial Hall
PRESENT: Councillors Linda Malyon (Chair), Sandy Richards, Barry Shuttleworth, Andrew Stevenson & John Williams. The Clerk, 1 Reporter and 3 members of the public.
APOLOGIES: Councillors Philip Barks, Heather Morris, Howard Mycock & Patrick Stimpson
DECLARATION OF INTERESTS: It was agreed to take these as they arise.
DISPENSATIONS: None received.
It was agreed that the minutes of the AGM and Meeting held on Tuesday 31st May, 2016 as being a true record.
74/16. MATTERS ARISING
- Copper Works in Whiston and Boltons Site, Froghall: Cllr Williams said that there is fly tipping at the former Copper Works site in Whiston and that he thinks there should be more staff made available to deal with Enforcement and to monitor these sites. Cllr Malyon said that she had had an Environmental Health Officer, an Enforcement Officer and a Planning Officer to look at the Bolton’s Site. Cllr Stevenson said he has concerns that the work is going on at the site prior to Planning Permission being obtained. It was agreed that a letter, expressing concerns and asking that they monitor the site closely, should be sent to the Enforcement Officer with copies to the Environment Officer and the Head of Planning.
- Development Boundary at 70 High Street, Ipstones: The Chairman suspended Standing Orders to allow members of the public to speak. Mr Barks said that he was concerned that the owner or his agent had asked for the garden to be included in the development boundary. Cllr Malyon explained that the proposed adjustment to the development boundary was on the SMDC Local Plan: Consultation over Site Options and Development/Infill Boundaries that ended on 14th September 2015. At that time the parish council had asked for the proposed change to be omitted from the Local Plan and for the development boundary to remain as it was. Mr Barks asked why this decision was changed at the meeting in May and why it had not appeared as an agenda item. Cllr Malyon explained that the matter had been discussed again at the meeting on 31st May 2016 when Head of the Council, Cllr Sybil Ralphs was present to discuss/answer questions on the Local Plan, Site/Infill Options etc and also that a letter had been received from the owner of 70 High Street asking why the development boundary should not include the whole of his garden, stating that it cut through his kitchen. Mrs Lee said that her property adjoins 70 High Street and that mature trees on the boundary line in her garden have a Preservation Order. Mr Barks said that they have concerns that if the garden is used to build on it could have implications for the Trees. (A previous planning application had been refused) Mrs Lee added that a large tree in the garden of No 70 High Street, that also had a preservation order had been cut down a couple of years ago possibly because it was diseased and she thought that TPO trees had to be replaced and she does not think that another tree has been planted in its place. Cllr Shuttleworth said he thought it was daft for a boundary to go through the middle of the curtilage and not round the edge. Mr Barks said that if the garden was to be developed it would not affect High Street only Park Lane.
Standing Orders were resumed and it was agreed to write to the Arboricultural Officer and ask about the tree that was removed and ask for it to be replaced. A copy of the letter is also to be sent to the Head of Planning.
Cllr Malyon told Mr Barks and Mrs Lee that when she sees the proposal papers for the Site Options/development Boundaries she will let them know.
- Conservation Areas: Cllr Malyon reported that she had spoken to Regeneration Manager, who had said that at the moment only the areas that have already been put forward can be included at the moment and Stocks Green/ Church lane in not on the current list. It was agreed to put this on the Agenda periodically.
75/16. PLANS: The following planning applications had been received: –
DET/2016/0033 Dual pitch general purpose Agricultural Building at Hickham Farm, Ipstones Edge. Members voted unanimously in favour of this application.
Notification of the following ‘Approval’ had been received: –
SMD/2016/0243 Proposed demolition of existing single storey rear building and erection of a ‘two storey side extension and single storey rear extension at Greenhills Farm, Ipstones Edge. It was agreed to write to the Planning Department and say that as far as parish council aware the road along Ipstones Edge is not known as ‘Dog Lane’ but just Ipstones Edge. Dog Lane refers to the lane that leads to the Greenhills Farm, where the Children’s Care Home is.
- Ipstones Luncheon Club: A letter of thanks had been received for the recent grant.
- The family of Mrs Sczesniok: A letter of thanks had been received for the gift received on her 90th
- Mrs Sale: A letter of thanks had been received for the gift received for her 90th
- SMDC Regeneration Officer: Acknowledgement of the recent letters regarding the Site Options/Infill Consultation, had been received.
- Foxt Village Hall Committee: An e-mail had been received regarding the cost of resurfacing the Village Hall car Park. It was agreed unanimously to issue the grant of £700.00 (allowed for the current financial year’s grant) under section 19 (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976.
- Fenland Leisure re Installation of Combination Swings: It was noted that they are planning to install the Swings during the week commencing 4th Cllr Williams that he isn’t around that week so it was agreed to ask Cllr Stimpson and Mr Holt if they could keep an eye on things.
- SMDC re Lengthsman’s Grant: the purchase order confirmed the amount of grant for 2016/2017 as being £400.00.
- SCC re PFP 11 (Devil’s Staircase): A reply advised that they have inspected the path and that whilst the handrail uprights are suffering from heavy corrosion at the base the whole structure is currently more than strong enough to rely on for support. The Ranger also states that the condition of the path surfaces are perfectly acceptable for a country path and that the landowner will be carrying out remedial work to address the issues with leaf litter, other debris on the path surface & encroachment of vegetation. Following a discussion it was agreed to reply that it is the parish council’s opinion that some of the steps are in need urgent attention.
- Kingsley Parish Council re grants/donations to Village Halls: It was agreed for the Clerk to respond to this.
- SM Parish Assembly: Details of the next meeting had been received.
- SMDC re Statement of Community Involvement (SCI): it was noted that the SMDC have formally adopted the Statement of Community Involvement on 13 April 2016 and that the period by which any person aggrieved by the SCI may apply to the High Court for permission to apply for judicial review of the decision to adopt the SCI is 13th June to 13 September.
- Lengthsman’s Reports (April & May): Details of these were noted.
- Resolve re update on planning application for Moneystone Quarry: the letter advised of the re-submission of an amended planning application. Cllr Williams had had a look at the plans and said that the amendments will not stop people going down Car Bank – as SAT NAV’s will show this as the shortest distance to Alton Towers. He said that they are putting screening up on Whiston Eaves but his main concern is about road safety in particular the junction with the A52 and Country Lanes. It was agreed to write a letter to planning expressing the parish council’ concerns. Cllr Williams is to let the Clerk have some details for the letter.
- SMDC re Appeal for Field No 2247, Froghall Road, Ipstones: It was noted that this has been changed from a written appeal to a Local Hearing which is at 10a.m. on 9th
- Staffordshire Police re ‘SPACE’: details and posters had been received regarding this year’s programme.
- Other Circulars, Newletters etc
SPC Assc. – Weekly Bulletins – 2nd June; 9th June; 16th June & 23rd June
Clerks & Councils Direct – May 2016 Issue
77/16. REPORT ON WORKING PARTY MEETING (07/06/16): Members agreed that the report was a true record and that it is better for the allocation to be met by way of ‘infill’ rather than an estate. Cllr Malyon reported that in her role as District Councillor she had added another potential infill plot for Foxt – behind The Malthouse.
78/16. DEFIBRILLATOR: Cllr Malyon reported that the Hall Committee have now got enough money for a defibrillator to be placed outside the Memorial Hall.
79/16. REPAIRS to PFP 102 (Church Lane to Belmont Road): The Clerk reported that she has sent a copy of the Land Registry report to the Rights of Way Department and is waiting for them to get back. It was agreed to chase up on this matter.
80/16. JAPANESE KNOT WEED: Cllr Malyon reported that the Knotweed that was treated on Noonsun Common and Odda Common was looking a mess and that there is still a lot growing. The Clerk reported that the treatment is a three year programme. It was agreed to speak to the Contractor or the Chap from Staffs Wildlife to ask if this is normal.
81/16. REPORT ON MEMORIAL HALL PROJECT: Cllr Malyon reported that the project has now gone out to tender and that they are hoping that some local firms will respond.
82/16. REPORT ON YOUTH CLUB: It was noted that they now have more permanent help and that the membership is good. They have also been out on a few outings.
- Wall, Cart Lane: The Clerk reported that the Undertakers have said they are struggling to get down Cart Lane, because of the wall. It was agreed to write to the landowner about this.
84/16. ANY OTHER BUSINESS DEEMED URGENT:
- Phone Kiosk: The Clerk reported that when she had phoned BT to check when they would be painting the phone kiosk they had said that they have changed the criteria and that you now have to reapply and send photos of the kiosk in.
- Mowing: It was noted that some members had received complaints that the Contractor is mowing all day on a Sunday. It was agreed to ask the Contractor not to mow on a Sunday.
- New Cremated Ashes Plots: It was agreed to ask the Lengthsman if he can weed spray the new Cremated Ashes Section
- Lawn Cemetery Section: It was noticed that there are several graves with additional items on the grave. As the Annual Site visit to the Cemetery is due it was agreed to take a look. It was agreed to hold a Site visit to the Cemetery prior to the next meeting.
86/16. ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT: The following accounts were agreed for payment: –
|Lengthsman’s Monthly Payment (Net)||167.58|
|Lengthsman’s Expenses (Fuel for strimmer)||5.00|
|Lengthsman’s payment – time spent on Weed Spray Course
4 days – 21 ½ hours x £7.98
|Lengthsman – mileage – 4 x round trips to Rodbaston – 240 miles @ 0.45p per mile||
|Clerk’s Salary (Net)||628.20|
|Clerk’s Expenses Inc Ink Cartridges||60.05|
|L Malyon to reimburse from Chairman’s Allowance for Cards & Gifts for 2 x 90th Birthdays||
|Old Hall Nursery – for Summer Planting||421.10|
|Staffordshire Farm Supplies Ltd – Oil & Cord for Lengthsman’s Strimmer||
|Mr J Hooley – 2 x mows||620.00|
|HMRC – PAYE – 1st Quarter||5.40|
|Foxt Village Hall – Grant – authorised under S19 (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976||
The date of the next meeting (July) was provisionally set for Wednesday 3rd August 2016 at 7.30p.m. (The meeting is to be preceded by a Site Visit to Cemetery at 7.00p.m )
(Then to aim for the August meeting to be on Wednesday 31st August 2016)
It was agreed to treat the final item ‘Clerk’s Annual Leave’ as being CONFIDENTIAL