IPSTONES PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 6th December 2016 at 7.00p.m. In the Extension of the Memorial Hall, Ipstones
PRESENT: Councillors Philip Barks, Linda Malyon (Chair), Howard Mycock, Sandy Richards and Andrew Stevenson. The Clerk, 1 x Reporter & 2 Members of the Public
APOLOGIES: Councillors Shuttleworth & Williams
DECLARATION OF INTERESTS: It was agreed to take these as they arise.
DISPENSATIONS: None received
On proposal by Cllr Stevenson and seconded by Cllr Richards it was agreed that the minutes for the meeting held on Wednesday 23 November 2016 as being a true record.
147/16. MATTERS ARISING:
- Hedge, Foxt Community Area: It was agreed to ask Cllr Stimpson if he can arrange for this to be cut as soon as possible.
- Foxt Kiosk: It was noted that the kiosk has still not been painted.
- Stop Tap in Cemetery: It was agreed to ask Mr Leeson if he can replace the Stop Tap.
- Invitation to Chief Fire Officer: It was noted that the Chief Fire Officer could not now attend a meeting until the New Year. It was agreed to ask again for Jan/Feb meetings.
- Millennium Arch: it was noted that there had been no response to the request for quotes to repair the Arch. It was agreed to ask a couple of other people for a quote.
- Grid on Noonsun: it was agreed to ask the Lengthsman if he can clear the grid top that is half way up Noonsun Bank.
- Sign on Clerks Bank: The Clerk reported that a letter had gone out and the recipient had phoned to say that the only sign is on the opposite side of the road and is not obscured by an overgrown hedge. Cllr Barks said he will take a look and speak to the person who reported it.
- Remembrance Crosses in Cemetery: Cllr Richards reported that she had looked and thought that there needs to be an area of 7’ x 3’ to be boxed in and filled with sand. The Vicar is to be consulted.
An e-mail received from Staffordshire Parish Councils Association regarding the Declaration of Interests was read out – this was the result of a query raised by Cllr Stevenson. The e-mail advised that Cllr Stevenson did not have to declare an interest just because an applicant was a customer but only if there would be any financial gain as a result of the planning application.
The following planning applications had been received: –
SMD/2016/0716 Construction of detached dwelling with integral garage on garden curtilage belonging to Palmbrook, Foxt Road, Foxt to include demolition of existing car port and landscaping to widen the access driveway at Palmbrook, Foxt Road, Foxt. It was proposed by Cllr Mycock and seconded by Cllr Barks to support approval of this application. This was carried by 4 votes in favour with one member abstaining to vote.
SMD/2016/0729 Erection of a 3 bedroom bungalow and new vehicular access at The Malthouse, Foxt Road, Foxt. It was proposed by Cllr Mycock and seconded by Cllr Stevenson to support approval of this application as the site had been one of the sites suggested by parish council as a possible infill site on the Site allocations Consultation (LDF). This was agreed unanimously.
SMD/2016/0755 Bedroom extension over existing garage, single storey side extension at 96 Brookfields Road, Ipstones. On proposal by Cllr Stevenson and seconded by Cllr Richards it was agreed to support approval of this application.
- Karen Bradley MP and Secretary of State at Support Staffs AGM: An invitation to the AGM on 9th December had been received and details noted.
- SCC re Stocksgreen (between 34 & 46 Church Lane): An e-mail from the Technical Support Officer stated that the area fronting 34 – 46 Church Lane is not maintainable at public expense and went on to say that they will further investigate the status of the road and in the meantime could the parish council provide any documentary evidence contrary to their records. It was agreed to reply that the parish council does not have evidence other than previously the section of road has been maintained by the County Council – and to ask if they can check their records in respect of this.
- PCSO Nettleton: An e-mail had been received and advised that he is intending to attend meetings of parish councils in his area. It was agreed to let him know the date of the next meeting.
- Lengthsman’s Report (October 2016): Details of this were noted.
- County Councillor Gill Heath re ‘Horse Rider Warning Signs’: The reply stated that the request is on her DHP for action next April/May and that an Officer would visit the sites suggested to see that they meet visibility criteria.
- Other Newsletters, Circulars etc: –
SPC Association – Bulletins – 24/11/2016 & 01/12/2016 Zurich – Local Council Advisory Service – Annual Seminars 2017 CPRE – Countryside Voice – Winter Issue
150/16. QUOTES FOR CUTTING EPICORMIC GROWTH IN CEMETERY: Three Quotes had been received. It was proposed by Cllr Stevenson and seconded by Cllr Malyon to choose the lowest quote which was for £200.00. This was Hamps Valley Ltd. This was agreed unanimously.
151/16. QUOTES FOR PAINTING CEMETERY GATES: Several quotes had been requested but there had been no response. It was agreed to seek some other quotes including asking the Lengthsman.
152/16. LENGTHSMAN SCHEME FOR 2017/2018: The Clerk reported that she has still not had a response from the County Council as to whether the parish council can keep a Lengthsman if funded by the parish council. It was agreed to keep chasing on this matter.
153/16. HIGHWAYS: It was reported that the pot holes near Rock Cottage, Ipstones Edge had now been repaired.
154/16. ANY OTHER BUSINESS DEEMED URGENT
- a. Amendment to Grave Regulations: It was resolved unanimously to authorise the amendment to the Grave and Headstone Regulations as discussed at the meeting on 23 November 2016.
155/16. ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT: The following accounts were agreed for payment: –
|Lengthsman’s Payment (Net)||167.58|
|Clerk’s Salary (net)||628.00|
|HMRC quarterly PAYE||5.60|
The date of the next meeting was set for Wednesday 18 January 2017 at 7.00p.m. in the Extension of the Memorial Hall, Ipstones
February’s meeting was provisionally set for Wednesday 22 February 2017