IPSTONES PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 27th April 2016 at 7.00p.m. in the Rear extension of the Memorial Hall, Ipstones
PRESENT: Councillors P Barks, L Malyon (Chair), H Mycock, S Richards, A Stevenson & J Williams. The Clerk, 1 x reporter and 3 x members of the public
APOLOGIES: Councillors H Morris, B Shuttleworth & P Stimpson
DECLARATION OF INTERESTS: To be taken as they arise
DISPENSATIONS: None had been received.
45/16. MATTERS ARISING
- Gate to Foxt Community Area: Cllr Mycock reported that the ‘spring’ had been adjusted.
- Ipstones Luncheon Club: The Chairman reported that the Luncheon Club have now found a new Coordinator and that it will continue for another twelve months. It was proposed by Cllr Barks and seconded by Cllr Mycock to donate the sum of £500 under Section 137 (Miscellaneous Payments) to Ipstones Luncheon Club toward the cost of the rent. The amount is to paid directly to Ipstones Luncheon Club and not via Homelink. This was agreed unanimously and to also advise that if they find that they are struggling later on in the year to let the parish council know.
- Dog Fouling – posters / leaflets: the Clerk reported that who she had spoken to at the District Council had said that they don’t have any leaflets but will put stencils on the pavements. The Chairman said that she will try to get some leaflets.
On proposal by Cllr Barks and seconded by Cllr Stevenson it was agreed to confirm the minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 23 March 2016 as a true record
46/16. PLANS: The following plans had been received: –
SMD/2015/0729 Opening gap in wall adjoining highway to create vehicle access to property, 2.5 metres section of 1.5 metre high wall to be removed at Twist Intake, 14 Brookfields Road, Ipstones. It was proposed by Cllr Stevenson and seconded by Cllr Richards to support this application. This was agreed unanimously.
SMD/2016/0226 Erection of two storey rear extension following demolition of existing single storey extension at White Chimneys, Bradshaw Lane, Ipstones. It was proposed by Cllr Stevenson and seconded by Cllr Malyon to support this application. This was agreed unanimously.
SMD/2016/0243 Proposed demolition of existing single storey rear building and erection of a two storey side and single storey rear extension at Greenhills Farm, Dog Lane, Ipstones Edge. Following a discussion it was decided that has there was some confusion as to which ‘Greenhills’ the plan referred to it was agreed not to make comment either way on this application.
Notification of the following ‘approval’ had been received: –
SMD/2016/0005 Proposed Change of Use (from agricultural land) to new burial ground at St Marks Church and installation of new gates.
Notification of the following ‘refusal’ had been received: –
SMD/2016/0109 Variation of condition 2 (approved plans) attached to planning permission SMD/2014/0004 and of Condition 6 in order to remove a requirement for a turning circle at ismalia, 50 High Street, Ipstones.
Notification of the following ‘Planning Appeal’ had been received: –
SMD/2015/0531 detached 4 bedroom agricultural workers dwelling (resubmission of SMD/2014/0793) at field no 2247, Froghall Road, Ipstones
- St Leonard’s Church Bell Project: A letter of thanks had been received from Mr Jack in respect of the donation toward the Church Bell Project fund.
- Lengthsman’s Report for March: Details of this were noted.
- Mr Dyer re Speedwatch: It was noted that more Volunteers are needed as three are now only three regular Volunteers. If there are more Volunteers more Speedwatch sessions could be held. The Clerk said she has put the poster on the Noticeboard.
- SCC, Cabinet Support Leader for Highways & Transport re future of the Lengthsman Scheme (Grant): It was noted that that the Lengthsman’s Scheme will end in April 2017 and from that date they will review the future of the Highway Teams. The letter advised that during the next twelve months they will work with partners to ensure a suitable solution is in place for the lenthsmen service. It is not known if the District Council will continue with the Scheme. The Clerk asked members if they still want to send the Lengthsman on a Pesticide Training Course as the cost would be in the region of £400. Following a discussion it was agreed to send the Lengthsman on a training course as the parish council could hopefully continue to employ the Lengthsman and budget for this in the precept. Cllr Stevenson said he knows someone who may run the Pesticide Spraying Courses and would let the Clerk have the details. On proposal by Cllr Malyon and seconded by Cllr Stevenson it was agreed for the Clerk to try the person that Cllr Stevenson has heard of and depending on the outcome and price to either book them or go to Rodbaston College, who run regular courses for the cost of £400. This was agreed unanimously.
- Mr G Cartwright re Pot Holes on Shay Lane, Ipstones: The e-mail advised that there are over 40 large potholes along Shay Lane. It was noted that these pot holes have been reported to the County Highways and agreed to keep chasing up on this until the repair work has been done. It was also noted that there are several large pot holes on Whitehough Lane.
- SCC Community Infrastructure Liaison Manager re Belmont Pools: An e-mail response informed the parish council “that they do not consider the silted up ‘top’ pool to be affecting the highway stability structurally. The verge between the pond area remains in place whether the area is filled with water or not and there was no evidence during their visit to suggest the carriageway is giving way”. It went on to say that as the pond is in private ownership it is not in their control in particular as there is no evidence to suggest that the current condition is detrimental to the highway or its users. It stated that they have no control how the land owner maintains the pond area. Following a discussion it was proposed by Cllr Williams and seconded by Cllr Stevenson to request a site visit with the County Council.
- County Councillor Heath re Parking Issues: It was agreed to defer inviting Cllr Heath to a meeting to discuss this until members have had chance to have a site visit which is to be followed by an extra-ordinary meeting to discuss this and come up with some ideas before discussing with Cllr Heath and Highways.
- County Councillor Heath re Community Highway Team: It was noted that the Team will be visiting the parish at the end of May. It was agreed to ask if they will cut down the Himalayan Balsam in the Park Nook area and to trim overgrowing shrubs etc on verges on the Country Lanes.
- SMDC Regeneration Officer re ‘Enquiry for Bier Shed to be listed’: the e-mail advised that an application would have to be made to Historic England and gave a link. Cllr Malyon asked if the details could be forwarded to her. It was also agreed to see if the Observer Core ‘Bunker’ is listed or could be listed.
- Land Registry re PFP & Bridle Path No 102 (Church Lane to Belmont Road): the search came back as not being registered. It was agreed to forward a copy of this to the County Rights of Way department and ask for permission to carry out the resurfacing work.
- Mr Sutton, Foxt re Grass Verges in Town End Road: It was noted that Mr Sutton wanted confirmation that this matter had been referred to the County Council. It was agreed to do this.
- Pension Regulator re Work Place Pensions: It was noted that the staging date for Ipstones Parish Council is 1 February 2017.
- E–mail re damaged Basestone: It was noted that in the Stonemason’s opinion that the most likely cause of the damage is to have been a lawnmower. In the circumstances it was agreed that as a gesture of good will the parish council would pay for a replacement headstone on this occasion as it would be difficult to ascertain who caused the damage.
- SM Parish Assembly – following their meeting further information/ contact links re Planning Maps, funds available for the Transparency Code and the Library Service.
- Other circulars, newsletters, Legal Topic Notes etc: –
SPC Assc – Details of Chairmanship Training Courses SPC Assc – Weekly Bulletins for 24/03; 31/03; 07/04; 14/04 & 21/04 Governance & Accountability for Smaller Authorities in England – A Practitioners Guide LTN 39 – Copyright Introducing ‘Health watch’ Staffordshire – info CPRE – Countryside Voice – Spring Issue 2016
48/16. PROPOSED SWING FOR FOXT COMMUNITY AREA: Cllrs Mycock and Williams and the Clerk had attended a site visit with a representative from Fenland Leisure. Following the site visit a formal price had been received (incorporating the preparation work etc) and this was for £2938.75 plus VAT. The representative said either of the locations would be all right but he would recommend the lower area near the hedge. It was agreed unanimously to go ahead and order the Combination Swing Unit, grass matting safety surface and installation on the lower position near the hedge.
49/16. SKIPS: The Clerk informed members that she had asked for the ‘trial run’ to be put back to June, and the skips would be for bulky items only excluding Fridges, Mattresses, Trade or hazardous materials etc. Following a discussion in which members could not see a solution to making sure that people do not abuse the service and that the skips are properly monitored, it was decided that this valued service would have to be discontinued as there is not enough manpower to stand with the skips while they are on site. Therefore it was proposed by Cllr Williams and seconded by Cllr Mycock that the parish council can no longer provide the monthly Skips as the new criteria set by the County Council for there to be no mixed waste skips and for the skips to monitored while on site in the parish could not be met. This was agreed unanimously
50/16. FIRE STATION AGREEMENT (April 2016 to March 2017) (for use of FS as Office/Storage): It was agreed for the Chairman to sign the agreement.
51/16. LENGTHSMAN’S ANNUAL CONTRACT: This was signed by the Chairman.
52/16. ANNUAL RETURN – SECTION 1 – ANNUAL GOVERNANCE STATEMENT 2015/2016: Members had each had a copy of the questions. Each question was addressed individually and it was agreed unanimously to answer ‘yes’ to all the questions 1 to 9. It was noted that the Annual Accounts are to be submitted to the Independent Internal Auditor at the beginning of May.
53/16. SMDC – LDF – HOUSING ALLOCATIONS & SITE OPTIONS: The Chairman reported that the allocation for Ipstones had been increased from 25 to 35 and that the field adjacent to the Recreation Field has been put as ‘Green’… The other proposed sites within Ipstones have been put as amber or red. The site at Foxt has been put as Amber. Following a discussion it was agreed to write a strong letter of objection to all of the proposed sites to Ruth Wooddisse Head of Forward Planning with copies to Dai Larner (Forward Planning) & Sybil Ralphs, Leader of the District Council. To also add: –
- That the Local Plan be suspended for further public consultation as the housing allocation has been raised from 25 to 35
- That don’t want any more housing in Church Lane due to the parking gridlock problems already experienced along Church Lane
- That a ‘Flexible infill policy’ is adopted. This is the parish council’s preferred choice and would not impact on the infrastructure in the same way as an estate.
- The parish needs affordable housing for young people who wish to live in the area.
- That the Froghall Road Industrial Estate is considered as a potential site for affordable housing – by removing the first two units and building affordable housing.
- Making use of redundant barns in the area for conversion into residential dwellings.
To add that the Localism Act was introduced so the Communities could be in charge to their own destiny – so why are they not listening to what the parishes want. It was also agreed to invite Sybil Ralphs (Leader of the DC) to the next meeting to discuss these issues.
54/16. APPEAL FOR THE PROPOSED HOLIDAY PARK AT MONEYSTONE QUARRY: Cllr Williams asked members if the parish council could send in a letter to the Planning Inspectorate regarding the proposed Holiday Park at Moneystone. Cllr Williams had drafted a letter, copies of which he passed to members of the parish council. Following a discussion a vote was carried by 3 votes in favour with 3 members abstaining, for the letter to be forwarded to the Planning Inspectorate.
55/16. UPDATE ON MEMORIAL HALL PROJECT: The Chairman said that there is nothing to report at the moment.
56/16. UPDATE ON NEW YOUTH CLUB: It was noted that they have funds to pay the Youth Leader and have now got a few more Volunteers to help out, so at the moment things seem to be going well.
57/16. HIGHWAYS: The following matters are to be reported: –
- Potholes in Whitehough Lane; Shay Lane, Ipstones; Belmont Road; end of Church Lane; outside 21 High Street and Brookfields Road
- That Foxt Bank is still slipping
- It was agreed to let Cheddleton Parish Council know about potholes at the ‘T’ junction with end of Belmont Road and Cheddleton Road
- It was agreed to let Cotton PC know about a pot hole past Casey Cross roads
- To report that the new Street Lights in Mayfair Avenue are not working.
58/16. ANY OTHER BUSINESS DEEMED URGENT
- Tow Path between Froghall and Blacklion, Consall Forge: It was agreed to ask when they are going to repair this section of the Tow Path.
59/16. QUARTERLY ACCOUNTS REPORT (For quarter ended 31/03/16): Members had each received a copy of the report and the Bank Statement for 31 March was available for comparision. It was agreed to accept the report as being a true record.
60/16. ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT: The following accounts were agreed for payment: –
|Clerk’s Salary (Net)||628.20|
|Lengthsman’s Payment (net)||167.58|
|SMDC for hire of Cemetery Bin||543.68|
|Ipstones Memorial Hall – Doctors’ surgeries||625.00|
|Ipstones Memorial Hall – for 3 x meetings||56.25|
|L Malyon (to reimburse from Chairman’s Allowance for gift for a 90th birthday||18.00|
|J Hooley for mowing x 2||660.00|
|Zurich Municipal – Annual Premium||1026.76|
|Staffs parish Councils’ Association||367.00|
|Community Council of Staffordshire||25.00|
|Council for Protection of Rural England (CPRE)||36.00|
The date for the AGM and the next meeting was set for Tuesday 31st May 2016
at 7.00p.m. in the rear extension of the Memorial Hall, Ipstones
The last agenda items was agreed to be treated as CONFIDENTIAL