IPSTONES PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 15th December 2015 at 7.00p.m.
in the Extension of the Memorial Hall, Ipstones
PRESENT: Councillors Barks, Malyon (Chair), Morris, Mycock, Richards, Stevenson,
Stimpson & Williams. The Clerk, 1 x Reporter & 3 Members of the Public
APOLOGIES: Councillor Shuttleworth
DECLARATION OF INTERESTS: It was agreed for these to be taken as they arise.
DISPENSATIONS: None received.
178/15. MATTERS ARISING
Proposed Swings for Foxt Community Area: The Clerk reported that she will get some prices for the next meeting.
- GRANT FOR FOXT VILLAGE HALL: It was noted that the Foxt Village Hall Committee are still looking into the best way forward on the Defibrillator Project – i.e. sourcing the best deal. It was agreed that in view of this to revert back to the original suggestion of putting the grant toward the cost of a Fan and fitting it (for the kitchen), which cost a total of £1317.00. It was proposed by Cllr Morris and seconded by Cllr Williams to issue a grant for the sum of £1317.00, under Section 19 (Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976, as a one off grant for the current year in view of the fact that Ipstones Memorial Hall had received an extra amount of grant on top of the £600.00 that had been allowed in the precept. This was agreed unanimously.
- Ash Tree, Park Lane: The Clerk reported that the County Council have said that the tree will be the responsibility of the Land Owner and that Mr Prescott had been informed of this.
- Noticeboards: It was noted that the new Noticeboards (1 for Foxt and 1 for the Cemetery) have now been delivered and installed.
- Monthly Skips: The Clerk reported that the County Council have not yet issued a list of what can/cannot be placed in the skips and that they are going to carry out investigations into the service during January and then report back with their findings.
- SCC ‘Winter Operations’: Cllr Malyon reported that the County Council have now put grit opposite the steps at the bottom of the Recreation Field.
- Proposed Housing Allocation for Foxt (LDF): Cllrs Malyon, Mycock, Stimpson and Williams had attended a workshop meeting at SMDC earlier in the day. On the proposed plan there was a block marked in amber – which indicates a site that is likely to be used for housing. It was agreed that a group of houses in Foxt would spoil the character of the hamlet and agreed to request that a ‘Flexible Infill Policy’ is adopted for Foxt and to ask for a small amendment be made to the Village Development Boundary.
- Proposed Housing Allocation for Ipstones (LDF): Following the workshop earlier in the day Cllr Malyon reported there is one ‘green’ site for Ipstones (a site that the SMDC want to develop) which is in Church Lane, 2 x amber sites (sites that may be suitable for development), one in Church Lane and one in Belmont Road) and 2 x ‘red’ sites (sites not suitable), one in Church Lane and one on Froghall Road). Following a discussion it was agreed to write to Forward planning and confirm that the parish council do not consider any of the ‘green’ or ‘amber’ sites to be suitable for housing as the infrastructure in not good enough to deal with the extra burden that an housing estate would place on it and there would be no route for an extra ‘sewage pipe’ from any of the proposed sites, as the Memorial Hall would not allow an extra sewage pipe to cross the recreation ground. To confirm the request for a ‘Flexible Infill Policy’ to be adopted with the addition of converting redundant barns and the consideration of the removal of the top two units on the Froghall Road Industrial Estate and replace with affordable housing to achieve the housing allocation for Ipstones.
- Ipstones Village Youth Society: In an update, Cllr Malyon reported that the Youth Club have been on a few outings and that the Youth Club meeting night may be changing from a Wednesday to a Monday.
On proposal by Cllr Stevenson and seconded by Cllr Richards it was agreed to approve the minutes
for the meeting held on Wednesday 25 November 2015 as a true record
179/15. Letter from Mr Hilditch re Blocked Path/track in Foxt: The Chairman suspended standing orders to allow Mr Hilditch and Mr Hallam to speak. Mr Hilditch explained he felt that he had not been able to give his side of the story. Cllr Stimpson arrived Mr Hilditch’s letter was read out. Mr Hilditch explained that currently he owns half the length of the track and that Cllr Stimpson owns the other half of the track. He said that historically the track was used to move cattle to fields and that in the past it was quite common for people to walk across fields andlandowners didn’t mind. He went on to say that new people had moved next door to him and that they keep sheep on the fields and this has created a problem as sheep can find and escape through the smallest of gaps so they had had to put up a barrier on the track to stop the sheep getting out. At that time there was only one person who had objected and they had continued to walk the lane. However, sometimes they (Mr Hilditch or Mr Hallam) had found the barrier (sheep hurdles) pushed to one side and also one night a vehicle (that no one recognised) was seen driving up the lane, and around the field and then out again, this unsettled Mr Hallam so a gate was put in with a lock on. He said that he did offer for the gate to be unlocked between the hours of approx 7 am and 10pm. or to let the person have a key – but they declined the offer. Mr Hilditch said that in the autumn of 2014 a site meeting had taken place with a County Council Rights of Way Representative, County Councillor Gill Heath, District Councillor Malyon and a number of local residents. Mr Hilditch said that when some of the residents realised that the track was not a public right of way they had left the site meeting. Following this site meeting, in which it was established that the track is not a public footpath some of the local residents applied for the track to be registered as a public footpath under the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 – Section 53, to which the parish council had forwarded a letter of support. Mr Hilditch asked members of the parish council to reconsider the decision to support the Section 53 application. Standing Orders were resumed. The Chair moved that Standing Orders be suspended to allow members of the parish council to discuss this matter again as it is less than six months since it was last discussed. This was agreed unanimously. Following a discussion in which Cllr Williams stated that he is sympathetic to both sides, having used the path himself in the past and that in his view it would be better left as it is for a few local people to use. Cllr Mycock said he thinks that as there is other information it is different. He said that the people have applied for a Section 53 because the path is not on the definitive map. Cllr Barks said that if it is not a public footpath it is up to the Landowner what he does. It was proposed by Cllr Morris and seconded by Cllr Richards that in view of other evidence received a letter should be sent to the County Council stating that the parish council no longer supports the Section 53 application and ask them to disregard the previous letter that was sent in July. To add that members of the parish council wish to leave it to them (the County Council) to decide the outcome of the Section 53 Application. A copy of Mr Hilditch’s letter is be enclosed.
This was agreed unanimously.
180/15. PLANS: The following planning applications had been received: –
SMD/2015/0757 Listed Building Consent for renovation of the Mill intake tank to
provide a modern screened inlet to the new pipeline, including the fencing and
partial covering of the approach channel at The Mill, Consall Forge, Consall.
Following a discussion it was proposed by Cllr Stimpson and seconded by
Cllr Morris to support approval of the application. This was agreed unanimously.
SMD/2015/0761 Demolition of conservatory and erection of a single storey front
extension, removal of existing render and inappropriate facing bricks and
replacement with brick and stone quoins at Walvern House, Noonsun Common,
Ipstones. It was proposed by Cllr Stevenson and seconded by Cllr Morris to
support approval of this application as it will enhance the property. And advise
that Members of the parish council think that this application should be dealt with
under delegated powers and approved as the existing conservatory is
inappropriate for the property. This was agreed unanimously.
- SMDC re Christmas Timetable for Refuse Collection: Details of this were noted.
- Lengthsman’s Report (November): Details of this were noted.
- SMDC re Supply of Bins for Churchyards/Places of Worship: Cllr Malyon said she will enquire if the changes refer to Ipstones Cemetery or whether the letter has been sent in error.
- Monthly Skips: The Clerk reported that the County Council have not yet issued a list of what can/cannot be placed in the skips and that they are going to carry out investigations into the service during January and then report back with their
- Wicksteed Leisure re Inspection of Play Equipment on Foxt Community Area: There was one item reported as medium risk – that the access by dogs is not physically prevented – it was recommended that routine inspection of the site should include monitoring and removal of animal faeces.
Four items were reported as being Low Risk, these being: –
- Balance Beams – it was recommended that the protruding ends are cut back as required and to monitor the timber condition for splinter hazards. To rub down and smooth as required. It was agreed to ask the person who installed the Beams if he could deal with this issue.
- Access Gate – Handle was stiff to operate. It was recommended that gates are adjusted as required. Cllr Mycock agreed to take a look at the gate.
- It was recommended that the hedgerow and nettle growth is cut back as required, in particular at eye level at access path and near the litter bin.
Cllr Stimpson said he will arrange for the hedge to be cut.
- The Play Car was found to be generally satisfactory, but recommended loose side panels are re-fixed as required. Cllr Mycock agreed to take a look at this.
It was agreed to report any issues at the next meeting.
- Western Power re Poles on Common Land at Forest Side, Foxt: An enquiry had been made with regard to proposed work at Forest Side. A Site visit had been held which a representative from Western Power attended along with Cllrs Stimpson and Williams and the Clerk. The proposed repositioning of an existing pole was discussed. Western Power agreed to send the relevant paperwork which will need to be signed.
- SCC Rights of Way Enforcement Officer (North) re proposed work on PFP No102 (Church Lane to Belmont Road): Following a site visit that was attended by the Rights of Way Enforcement Officer, Cllrs Malyon, Richards & Shuttleworth and the Clerk, an e-mail had been received confirming the issues discussed: – The Rights of Way Department have asked that a land search is carried out to determine ownership of the lane and when this has been done to inform them of the specification of the work to be carried out. The e-mail also confirmed that they will get in touch with the Highway Team at Ladderedge regarding the grid that is to be capped off and who is responsible for the area on the Church Lane end of the lane.
- Other Legal Topic Notes, Circulars, Newsletters etc: –
SPCA – Bulletins – 26th Nov, 3rd Dec & 10th Dec
Audit Opt Out (a joint organisation incorporating NALC, The Society of Local
Council Clerks & ADA 9Association of Drainage Authorities– information
on this had been received
NALC – LTN 14E – Byelaws (England)
NALC – LTN 15 – Community Infrastructure Levy Review
NALC – PC09-15 – Review of local council tax support schemes
NALC – LO2-15 – Introduction of the Smaller Authorities (Transparency
Requirements) (England) Regulations 2015/494 – transparency
obligations for parish councils with an annual turnover not
exceeding £25,000 (England Only)
NALC – LTN 17 – Control of Dogs
Councillor Barks left the meeting.
182/15. PLANS FOR PROPOSED EXTENSION TO CHURCH YARD, FOXT: A response from
the SPCA indicated that the parish can submit a planning application for the
proposed new Church Yard. The Clerk reported that Mr Bean has stated that
St Mark’s PCC will reimburse the parish council for the fee. In the circumstances
it was agreed that the parish will submit the planning application on behalf of the
184/15. ALLEGED MOVE OF PLANNING DEPARTMENT TO BUXTON: Reports had been
received that the Planning Department had been moved to the High Peak Offices
in Buxton. In the circumstances it was agreed to write to Mr Larner the Executive
Director of Planning and ask him if it is true.
185/15. HIGHWAYS: the following issues were noted: –
- Signs – it was agreed to ask the Lengthsman if he can clean any dirty highway signs i.e. ‘30’ mph signs
- Drains, Park Lane: it was noted that water is accumulating in a dip in the road, caused by the centre of the road being lower than the edge of the road where the drains are. (near to Ipstones Park Farm)
- Pot Hole – end of Church Lane: It was noted that this pot hole has been reported previously. It was agreed to report this again.
- Embankments slipping into road at Johnny’s Corner in Foxt: It was agreed to report this again.
- Belmont Road, near Pool that is silted up and pulling the road surface up – It was agreed to enquire what is happening about this.
186/15. ANY OTHER BUSINESS DEEMED URGENT
- Memorial Hall Representative: Cllr Morris stated that she wishes to come off the Memorial Committee due to work commitments. Following a discussion it was agreed to ask Cllr Shuttleworth if he will consider being the parish council representative and if not Cllr Stevenson and Cllr Morris will share the role (Subject to this being acceptable to the Memorial Hall Committee).
187/15. ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT: The following accounts were agreed for payment: –
|Lengthsman’s Payment (Net)||120.75|
|Clerk’s Salary (net)||600.00|
|Clerk’s Expenses Inc Ink Cartridges||27.55|
|The Acorn Workshop (for 2 x Noticeboards)||1455.00|
|J L Building Services Ltd for fitting Noticeboard in Cemetery||114.00|
|Whittaker’s of Leek Ltd (for hire of 4 x skips for 2nd January)||222.00|
|H M Revenue & Customs – PAYE 3rd Quarter||90.40|
|Foxt Village Hall – Grant – Authorised underSection 19 (Miscellaneous Provisions)||1317.00|
Cllr Morris left the meeting
The date of the next meeting was set for Wednesday 27th January 2016 at 7.00p.m. in the Rear Extension of the Memorial Hall, Ipstones